We are here for you
Every time you turn on the news, the radio or go online, you can’t escape hearing or reading about the coronavirus; it’s everywhere. We know from health officials that the coronavirus can be spread three main ways:
- Through the air by droplets from a cough or sneeze;
- Being in contact with an infected person
- By touching a contaminated surface
Health Canada has released ways to protect yourself and others:
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before touching your face, preparing food, touching any common surfaces or after coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose
- Use hand sanitizer if unable to wash with soap and water
- Self-isolate yourself and family
- Practice self-distancing – keep at least 6′ away from others when out
- Wear gloves and/or mask if uncomfortable while out
- Eat a healthy diet, drink plenty of water and get good sleep
Many businesses have been told to close or to make changes to protect their workers and customers. We at Plumb Perfect have implemented sanitization procedures for our office, warehouse, vehicles and work locations. We have provided our plumbers with necessary equipment to ensure safe working procedures in the homes and businesses of our customers.
People have been asked to self-isolate to keep themselves and their families safe. For those fortunate enough to be able to work from home, it is still not without its challenges.
During these stressful times it can be difficult to stay focused on the positive. Take a deep breath and count all the things you are grateful for, like: your family, a home, food in the fridge, being healthy and so on. We have access to food, supplies and clean water. Know that most people who contract the coronavirus only have mild symptoms and recover; and that only 0.66% of those infected with the coronavirus actually die. And keep in mind there are medical staff, grocery staff, police, and other essential service people working to help.
It’s so easy to get caught up in the news and info swirling around us. Keep your mind occupied by taking an online course, doing yoga, meditation, playing family games or catching up on TV shows and movies. Try to stay focused on what is good and what is right. Be kind to each other and remember that this too shall pass.